Friday, September 2, 2011

The Unofficial End to Summer, Can't Be......

While driving home last night from a few days rest on the Cape, I was thinking about the summer, the memories we created and wondering how did it get to be that Labor Weekend is upon us which also means the beginning of another school year is around the corner....wow!  As I have grown older, the one thing I know for sure is that time keeps going by faster (at least that's how it feels....no way did time go by this fast while sitting in an extremely boring Trig class in high school).

I have always loved the month September, in fact this is my favorite time of year.  My family and I go pick apples, Macoun's and Granny Smith's are our favorites, several times between mid-September and October.  The colors of autumn, the clear air and the cool nights are all things wonderful to me.  This year also brings something new, college open houses.  Yes, my oldest child is embarking on his senior year of high school and will be off to college next year.   How in the world did that happen so fast?  Just yesterday, he was 3 years old, taking 3 hour naps every afternoon and calling me "mama".

So this morning as I am baking granola for all of the loyal WholeyOats customers out there, I am doing so with happiness, a little bit of melancholy, and a whole lot of spunk because life is good and after all this is September when one can "turn over a new leaf" and start anew.

Hopefully this beautiful weather will bring you out of doors and encourage you to stop by the Amenia Farmer's Market today from 3:00-7:00 or tomorrow morning come on up to Millerton from 9:00-1:00, I will be there, I hope you will be too.

Enjoy,
Pattie

No comments:

Post a Comment