Friday, September 16, 2011

Fantastic Baking Weather Has Arrived

Ok, so has this been the most bizarre year of weather that anyone can remember?????  I believe everyone is calling it the year of extremes.....so true.  One day it's 85 and humid - the next we wake up to temps in the 30's here in Wingdale with the down blanket drawn to our chins trying to keep warm and cozy, WOW.

But hey that's Mother Nature for ya, nothing we can do about it, just enjoy each day and what it brings or what you decide to bring to it.

Absolutely, positively this is great baking weather.  I can tell you everything just comes together better in cool, dry weather...not to mention what a better mood I am in when I can work in such pleasant conditions.  I am pretty sure that can be said for most of us who either work from our homes or outside on our farms, this is ideal.  It makes me happy to see the sun shining and the leaves turning, it is simply glorious.

This morning I am driving up to the Berry Farm in Chatham, New York to deliver a freshly baked batch of granola and granola bars.  It is a beautiful drive up that way, but will be even more so when the leaves begin to change.  The landscape is breathtaking.

So here we are, it is Friday once again which means Farmer's Market weekend has begun.  Come visit us today at Amenia from 3:00-7:00 - we will be set up in the parking lot of the Amenia Town Hall.  You can't miss our tents set up right along Rte. 22.   Tomorrow I will be up at the Millerton Farmer's Market from 9:00-1:00.  Come out early, grab a cup of hot chocolate, listen to the music and chat with your favorite granola baker (that's me, LOL)....you all know how much I love to talk with you.

Happy weekend to all, enjoy
Pattie

No comments:

Post a Comment