Friday, December 2, 2011

A Reminder to Eat Healthfully / Holiday Fairs Abound

Well it certainly has been a busy week in the WholeyOats kitchen.  My little hands have been baking up batches of granola and granola bars for the upcoming Christmas / Holiday events happening this month.  With that said, it brings to mind that we often forget that it's a good idea to take extra care of ourselves during this very exciting and busy time of year.  One very important way to do that  is by eating healthy.  I try to start my day by eating a healthy breakfast consisting of protein, whole grains & fruits; it is essential to a productive day.  If I am going to be on my feet for 8-10 hours 3 to 4 days a week baking, I need the energy in order to do that.   I love eggs, to me there is nothing like an egg white omelet loaded with veggies & cheese with a crispy slice of whole grain toast, YUM!  However I do not always have the time to prepare that, so I reach for WholeyOats Maple Nut Granola.  I pour 1/2 cup over 1 cup of greek plain yogurt and add a cup of berries, today I had raspberries.   Drizzle a little (local) honey on top, and voila a delicious breakfast loaded with all the good stuff necessary for a great day ahead.

This is the weekend to enjoy the local Holiday fairs, so many events around the area to choose from, which one will you decide to venture to?   WholeyOats will be at the St. Denis Christmas Silver Tea & Craft Fair located at 604 Beekman Road, Hopewell Junction.  This is an annual event attended by hundreds with over 50 small food producers (like myself) and crafters.  I have put together a couple of beautiful baskets and packaged the granola bars & granola in festive wrappings to make lovely gifts.  Come out and see what we have to offer, it is going to be a beautiful day.

Stop by and say hi, you know how much I love to chat :-)   Happy weekend to you all!

Pattie


No comments:

Post a Comment