Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Days Are Here....Farmer's Markets Filled w/ Great Food & Fun

Summer is here with all its warmth, long days and lots of gatherings with loved ones.  I do love this time of year, although not my favorite, I still enjoy it immensely.  I grew up living on a lake, so as you can imagine as a child I enjoyed the outdoors whether it was fishing, canoeing, catching frogs or swimming all day into the evening hours with family and friends.  Those days may have past, but the memories live on in my heart so I have tried as much as possible to extend those experiences to my children who also enjoy the outdoors.

I guess what I am trying to say here is even though it is going to be a typical "summer-like" weekend, with warmer then ever temps, still get out and enjoy.  Start early with swinging by the Farmer's Markets this weekend.  They start early and end early so we can all take part in enjoying this fantastic time of year.

WholeyOats will be attending three Farmer's Markets this weekend.  We start today at the Amenia Farmer's Market on Rte. 22 in Amenia, hours are 3:00-7:00.  Stop by, the food offerings are excellent and there is always time for great conversation.

Tomorrow we are making our debut at the Pawling Farmer's Market held from 9:00a.m.-12:00p.m. right in the center of town, Pawling, New York.  We are certainly looking forward to trying somewhere new and meeting some new WholeyOats customers.

And, as always we will be at the Millerton Farmer's Market tomorrow which is held from 9:00a.m.-1:00p.m. in its fabulous new location right across from the rail trail in Millerton, New York.

So wherever you may be spending this weekend, I hope that you spend a little bit of it with us.  It's always a pleasure visiting with you.

Have a great weekend,
Pattie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pattie! We picked up some of your Chocolate-Coconut-Almond Granola Bars at the Berry Farm in Chatham yesterday. AMAZING!!! They disappeared as soon as we opened the package. Thanks for the sweet goodness you're baking up. We love it and can't wait to try your other varieties.

    ReplyDelete